Holiday Gift Wrap Online Workshop
December 3rd, 2020 5:00 PM
- Instructor: Stephanie Jucker
- Workshop Type: Arts
- Workshop Status: Open
- Workshop Start: December 3rd, 2020 5:00 PM
- Workshop End: December 3rd, 2020 7:00 PM
- Sessions: 1
This is a single-session online workshop.
With the holidays approaching this is a great time to discover how to make your own decorative gift wrap and tags! Using easy to find and upcycled materials like brown paper, old photocopies, and book pages you will learn various ways to add surface design with simple printing and painting techniques. Find out how to create patterns by stamping with everyday items such as cookie cutters, plastic cups, bottle lids, forks, and art stamps - no press required!
Materials to Bring:
- Brown paper, a roll or several sheets approx 15” x 20”. Dollar Store or Daiso usually have some.
- Other papers large enough to wrap something in, like old photocopies, comics, construction paper, junk mail, large envelopes, etc. More absorbent, less shiny is good.
- Assorted paper ephemera for collaging
- Plain Gift Tags
- Adhesive: Mod Podge, Acrylic medium or similar
- Glue stick
- Stamps and Stamp pads
- Items to print with like cookie cutters, forks, plastic cups, combs, marker lids, doilies
- Acrylic paint: white and a few other colors
- Brushes: variety of sizes to make different marks
- Water container and paper plate for palette
- Whiteout Pen
- Drawing Inks like Higgins or Bombay
- Acrylic Inks: Daler Rowney FW Pearlescent come in great colors
- Spray Dye: Marabu Fashion Spray is good
Workshop Fee: $45
Date & Time: Thursday, December 3 :: 5-7pm Pacific time
Location: Online over Zoom
Please read over the SFCB Registration Policies before signing up for a class.
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THIS WORKSHOP.
About the Instructor | Stephanie Jucker
Stephanie Jucker is an exhibiting artist who uses mixed media and printing techniques in her paintings, books and art installations. Originally from London, where she earned her BFA, Stephanie has an MFA from Syracuse in painting printmaking and ceramics. With 25 years of teaching experience, she currently runs art classes at College of Marin and Art Works Downtown in San Rafael.
Past Student Reviews:
"Stephanie's overall relaxed and resourceful attitude [provided] enough (but not too much) in the way of variations/ideas/possibilities."
“Very clear, step by step examples of techniques. Fun.”
“The variety of techniques inspired more creative thinking.”