San Francisco Center for the Book’s Cylinder Core Certificate Program is structured to allow for scheduling flexibility and advanced study opportunities while offering students a comprehensive foundation in letterpress printing using a Cylinder press. This Core Certificate program offers personal attention from master teachers and access to our well-equipped print studio.
Finding details and enrolling in this program is simple:
STEP #1 - Click here to read the Program Guide.
STEP #2 - Review the schedule below.
STEP #3 - To receive a discount * either register for a 4-day intensive or register for an entire series at once via phone (415-565-0545) or in-person.
Full Series Special: Students who sign up for a full 4-workshop series of fall classes (September through December) may do so at the reduced rate of $700. *To receive this discount, register via phone (415-565-0545) or in-person.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends email) or 415-565-0545.
Cylinder Core Schedule
CYLINDER CORE 1 :: Experience Letterpress!
- Cylinder Core 1 :: Experience Letterpress! with Mary Laird :: Sunday, September 30, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Cylinder Core 1 :: Experience Letterpress! with Leigh McLellan :: Tuesday & Wednesday, October 2 & 3, 2018 :: 6:30-10pm
CYLINDER CORE 2 :: Power of the Broadside
- Cylinder Core 2 :: Power of the Broadside with Paula Gloistein :: Saturday, October 13, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
CYLINDER CORE 3 :: Posterized
CYLINDER CORE 4 :: Digital into Analog
- Cylinder Core 4 :: Digital Into Analog with Thea Sizemore :: Sunday, December 2, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
CYLINDER CORE 1-4 :: 4-DAY INTENSIVE
- Cylinder Core 1-4 :: 4-Day Intensive with Mary Laird :: Monday-Thursday, October 22-25, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Cylinder Core 1-4 :: 4-Day Intensive with Mary Laird :: Monday-Thursday, December 3-6, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
Secondary Core Schedule
Secondary Core workshops may have prerequisites. Click on each session for prerequisite details.
POLYMER CORE 1 :: Digital Design for Letterpress
- Polymer Core 1 :: Digital Design for Letterpress with Lars Kim :: Thursday, November 1, 2018 :: 6:30-9:30pm
POLYMER CORE 2 :: Photopolymer Platemaking Lab
- Polymer Core 2 :: Photopolymer Platemaking Lab with Lars Kim :: Thursday, August 23, 2018 :: 6:30-9:30pm
- Polymer Core 2 :: Photopolymer Platemaking Lab with Lars Kim :: Thursday, December 6, 2018 :: 6:30-9:30pm
SECONDARY CORE :: JOBBING PLATEN CERTIFICATION