San Francisco Center for the Book’s Bookbinding Core and Secondary Core Certificate Programs are structured to allow for scheduling flexibility and advanced study opportunities while offering students a comprehensive foundation in bookbinding. These Core Certificate programs offer personal attention from master teachers and access to our well-equipped bindery.
Finding details and enrolling in this program is simple:
STEP #1 - Click here to read the Program Guide.
STEP #2 - Review the schedule below.
STEP #3 - To receive a $100 discount * either register for a 4-day intensive or register for an entire series at once via phone (415-565-0545) or in-person.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) or 415-565-0545.
Bookbinding Core Schedule
BOOKBINDING CORE 1 :: Coptic Binding
- Bookbinding Core 1 :: Coptic Binding with Nina Eve Zeininger :: Satuday, April 21, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Bookbinding Core 1 :: Coptic Binding with Monica Holtsclaw :: Sunday, June 3, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
BOOKBINDING CORE 2 :: Flat-Back Case Binding
- Bookbinding Core 2 :: Flat-Back Case Binding with Rhiannon Alpers :: Sunday, June 24, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
BOOKBINDING CORE 3 :: Limp Paper Binding
- Bookbinding Core 3 :: Limp Paper Binding with Rhiannon Alpers :: Saturday, July 21, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
BOOKBINDING CORE 4 :: Rounded Back Cloth Binding
- Bookbinding Core 4 :: Classic Rounded Back Cloth Binding with Rhiannon Alpers :: Sundays, August 19 & 26, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
BOOKBINDING CORE 1-4 :: Weeklong Intensive
- Bookbinding Core 1-4 :: Weeklong Intensive with Juliayn Coleman :: Monday-Friday, July 23-27, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
Bookbinding Secondary Core Schedule
Secondary Core workshops may have prerequisites. Click on each session for prerequisite details.
Restoration & Repair
- Repairing Leather Bindings with Japanese Tissue Paper with Dominic Riley :: Saturday & Sunday, July 28 & 29, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Box Making Core :: Basic Structures with Andy Rottner :: Sunday, June 10, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Box Making Core :: Clamshell Box with Andy Rottner :: Saturday & Sunday, June 30 & July 1, 2018 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
Titling & Tooling
Visiting Instructor Workshop Schedule
*Please note: these workshops are open to students with varying levels of bookbinding experience. Click on a below workshop to find out more.