Haunted Village Pop-Up Book
October 29th, 2020 4:00 PM
- Instructor: Stephanie Jucker
- Workshop Type: Binding, Arts
- Workshop Status: Open
- Workshop Start: October 29th, 2020 4:00 PM
- Workshop End: October 29th, 2020 6:00 PM
- Sessions: 1
This is a single-session online workshop.
It’s been quite a year and here’s an opportunity to wrangle some of the craziness into a scary little book. Find out how to create a “haunted village” using an accordion book structure with some playful pop-ups. This format is ideal for incorporating Halloween or Dia de los Muertos imagery which can be added with collage, stamping, ink, paint and cut outs. Make it as scary, funny, political or dystopian as you like, this Zoom class is a safe space to process your 2020 experience so far!
Beginners are welcome; be aware that class will move briskly.
Materials to Bring:
- Paper approx 4”x18” Between 80–100lb weight. Can be any color
- Scissors, decorative edged scissors too if available
- Acid free glue stick
- Ruler & Pencil
- Magazines/postcards/paper ephemera for collage - can include anything that works thematically for your haunted village
- Hole punch
- Stamps and stamp pads
- Paints – watercolors, acrylics or inks, and brushes
- X-acto knife and cutting board
- Acrylic Inks and dip pen
- 2 pieces of Mat Board approx 3.5” x 5.5”
- Acrylic matte medium or Mod Podge
- Wax crayons and watercolors for resist techniques
- Tissue paper, napkins with pattern or imagery
- Gel pens, White-out pen, colored pencils, etc.
Workshop Fee: $45
Date & Time: Thursday, October 29, 2020 :: 4-6pm Pacific time
Location: Online over Zoom
Please note, this workshop will be held live over Zoom. The class will NOT be recorded/distributed to students for later viewing.
Please read over the SFCB Registration Policies before signing up for a class
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THIS WORKSHOP.
About the Instructor | Stephanie Jucker
Stephanie Jucker is an exhibiting artist who uses mixed media and printing techniques in her paintings, books and art installations. Originally from London, where she earned her BFA, Stephanie has an MFA from Syracuse in painting, printmaking and ceramics. She currently exhibits at Modern Eden in San Francisco and teaches at SFCB and College of Marin.
Past Student Reviews:
“Ms. Jucker was a fantastic teacher! She taught each student according to our needs, at the moment needed. Her creativity and knowledge was fantastic!”
“I loved the instructor’s relaxed approach.”
“Very clear, step by step examples of techniques. Fun!”