Book in a Tin
October 15th, 2020 5:00 PM
- Instructor: Stephanie Jucker
- Workshop Type: Arts
- Workshop Status: Wait-list
- Workshop Start: October 15th, 2020 5:00 PM
- Workshop End: October 15th, 2020 7:00 PM
- Sessions: 1
This is a single-session online workshop.
Making a little accordion book that fits into an upcycled tin is so satisfying. At first glance it just looks like an adorable decorated box but on opening a marvelous handmade pop-up book is revealed.
In this class we will be using collage such as recycled maps, postcards, and other paper ephemera to create an accordion book with pop-up elements enclosed in a hard cover front and back. This will fit neatly into an embellished tin (Altoid tin size) that can display the book’s title or associated imagery.
Beginners are welcome; be aware that class will move briskly.
Materials to Bring:
- Altoid tin, approx 3¾“ x 2½ ” or similar
- Paper for accordion 3” x 10”, 75–100lbs (construction paper weight ), any color
- Collage materials such as postcards, maps, old calendars, and other paper ephemera
- Mat Board, 2 pieces approx 3” x 2”
- Scissors, decorative edged ones too if available
- Glue stick
- Matte acrylic medium, Mod Podge, or PVA
- Hole punch
- Washi tape; ¼ “ width works great for this tin size
- Watercolors/inks/acrylic inks and brushes
Workshop Fee: $45
Date & Time: Thursday, October 15, 2020 :: 5-7pm Pacific time
Location: Online over Zoom
Please note, this workshop will be held live over Zoom. The class will NOT be recorded/distributed to students for later viewing.
Please read over the SFCB Registration Policies before signing up for a class
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THIS WORKSHOP.
About the Instructor | Stephanie Jucker
Stephanie Jucker is an exhibiting artist who uses mixed media and printing techniques in her paintings, books and art installations. Originally from London, where she earned her BFA, Stephanie has an MFA from Syracuse in painting printmaking and ceramics. With 25 years of teaching experience, she currently runs art classes at College of Marin, O'Hanlon Center for the Arts, and Art Works Downtown in San Rafael.
Past Student Reviews:
“Very clear, step by step examples of techniques. Fun!”
"Stephanie gave excellent directions and was able to show us her example to guide us... She had ample time to review as needed. She ensured that all her students were not falling behind."