Papercutting Basics Online Workshop
September 19th, 2020 10:00 AM
- Instructor: Béatrice Coron
- Workshop Type: Arts
- Workshop Status: Closed
- Workshop Start: September 19th, 2020 10:00 AM
- Workshop End: September 19th, 2020 1:00 PM
- Sessions: 1
This is a single-session online workshop.
During this workshop, participants will discover the multiple facets of papercutting by making their own samples of different techniques. Learning basic principles of designing with full and empty shapes, each student will explore adapting pictures they collected to papercutting. Tips and tricks will be shared.
Materials to Bring:
- Cutting mat with utility knife and blades (such as X-Acto with blade #11)
- Various papers: Origami, letter size, old magazines or newspapers, tracing paper, or transparent paper such as parchment or freezer paper
- Several images to adapt into papercuts - inkjet or laser-printed photographs, magazine images, etc.; any subject matter, smaller than your papers
- Scotch tape
- Papers of larger format, plastic bags, used Tyvek shipping envelopes, any art paper or supplies you have
Workshop Fee: $45
Date & Time: Saturday :: September 19, 2020 :: 10am-1pm Pacific time
Location: Online over Zoom
Please note that we are not recording these sessions. Video will not be available.
Please read over the SFCB Registration Policies before signing up for a class.
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THIS WORKSHOP.
About the Instructor | Béatrice Coron
Born in France, now based in New York, Béatrice Coron's oeuvre includes illustration, book arts, fine art and public art. She cuts her characteristic silhouette designs in paper and Tyvek, and also creates works in stone, glass, metal, rubber, stained glass and digital media. Her work has been purchased by major museum collections, such as the Metropolitan Museum, The Walker Art Center and the Getty.