San Francisco Center for the Book’s Jobbing Platen Core Certificate Program is structured to allow for scheduling flexibility and advanced study opportunities while offering students a comprehensive foundation in letterpress printing using a Jobbing Platen press. This Core Certificate program offers personal attention from master teachers and access to our well-equipped print studio.
Finding details and enrolling in this program is simple:
STEP #1 - Click here to read the Program Guide.
STEP #2 - Review the schedule below.
STEP #3 - To receive a $100 discount * either register for a 4-day intensive or register for an entire series at once via phone (415-565-0545) or in-person.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or 415-565-0545.
Jobbing Platen Core Schedule
JOBBING PLATEN CORE 1 :: Experience Letterpress!
- Jobbing Platen Core 1 :: Experience Letterpress! with Robin Weinert :: Sunday, August 27, 2017 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
- Jobbing Platen Core 1 :: Experience Letterpress! with Alan Hillesheim :: Saturday, October 7, 2017 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
JOBBING PLATEN CORE 2 :: Power of the Broadside
- Jobbing Platen Core 2 :: Power of the Broadside with Lisa Rappoport :: Saturday, October 21, 2017 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
JOBBING PLATEN CORE 3 :: Posterized
- Jobbing Platen Core 3 :: Postcard Express with Alan Hillesheim :: Saturday, October 28, 2017 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
JOBBING PLATEN CORE 4 :: Digital into Analog
- Jobbing Platen Core 4 :: Digital Into Analog with Lisa Rappoport :: Sunday, November 5, 2017 :: 9:30am-5:30pm
JOBBING PLATEN CORE 1-4 :: 4-Day Intensive
Secondary Core Schedule
Secondary Core workshops may have prerequisites. Click on each session for prerequisite details.
POLYMER CORE 1 :: Digital Design for Letterpress
- Polymer Core 1 :: Digital Design for Letterpress with Lars Kim :: Thursday, September 28, 2017 :: 6:30-9:30pm
- Polymer Core 1 :: Digital Design for Letterpress with Lars Kim :: Thursday, October 26, 2017 :: 6:30-9:30pm
POLYMER CORE 2 :: Photopolymer Platemaking Lab