The San Francisco Center for the Book moved to a new home in early 2013. With more space, we can teach more classes, mount additional exhibitions and offer additional public programming.
If you'd like to purchase any of the items on our wishlist below or if you have any of the items and would like to make an in-kind donation, contact our Studio Manager, Chad Johnson at email@example.com.
- New monotype from M & H Lead Type Foundry (We have a wishlist of type needed based on teacher recommendations)
- New monotype from Bixler Type Foundry (We have a wishlist of type needed based on teacher recommendations)
- Wood Type - any sizes and incomplete sets accepted
- 30x36" drying rack
- Funds for glass surface tops 1/4" thick and faceted that are 36" x 24"
- Funds to purchase new pressing boards for the nipping presses
- Funds to purchase task lighting for advanced bindery workshops
- Wooden finishing presses 20 inches or smaller in good working order
- Wooden standing or lying presses in good working order
- Marble paring stones 8x10 inches or larger
- Decorative Brass Finishing tools and wheels in good condition
- Teflon bone folders
- Funds to purchase bindery equipment
- Adobe Creative Suite subscription
- Funds for storage buildout and archives shelving
- General funds for office equipment and technology upgrades
Thank you for your support.