Gel Plate Printing Inspired by Nature online workshop
April 24th, 2021 2:00 PM
- Instructor: Elaine Chu
- Workshop Type: Arts
- Workshop Status: Wait-list
- Workshop Start: April 24th, 2021 2:00 PM
- Workshop End: April 24th, 2021 4:00 PM
- Sessions: 1
This is a single-session online workshop.
Create stunning monoprints with leaves and found objects. Learn experimental techniques with this fun medium such as inking with masked objects and making ghost prints. Each person will create a unique set of greeting cards. We will then use the pamphlet stitch on one of the cards to sew a single signature book. All levels welcome!
Materials to Bring:
- Gel plate, approx. 4 x 5" - larger plates can be cut down to this size
- Acrylic paints, 3 colors or more; any non-liquid acrylic paint should be fine; the kind that comes out of a tube works too.
- Set of 12 or more blank cards and envelopes (Size A2: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" folded)
- Linen thread - can substitute double-threaded regular sewing thread or embroidery thread
- Large-eye needle
- Metal ruler
- 6 sheets 8-1/2x11” white text-weight paper
- Scissors OR craft knife/cutting mat
- 4 to 5 leaves (Can be picked on the day of the class; do not need to be pressed)
- Several sheets of scrap waste paper (an old magazine or catalog works)
- Flat objects like rubber bands
- Bone folder
- Beads with holes large enough to place on thread
Or you may contact the instructor to purchase materials directly - the email address will be included in your confirmation email.
Workshop Fee: $45
Date & Time: Saturday, April 24, 2021:: 2-4pm Pacific time
Location: Online over Zoom
Please read over the SFCB Registration Policies before signing up for a class.
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THIS WORKSHOP
About the Instructor | Elaine Chu
Elaine G. Chu has taught students of all ages, in person and online. Her work has been featured in “Greencraft” and “Somerset Studio” magazines as well as “1000 Artists’ Books.” She co-authored “Wood Paper Scissors,” a how-to crafts book. Elaine received a B.A. in music at Yale University and a B.F.A. in graphic design at University of the Arts. View more art EGChuHandcrafted.etsy.com and on Instagram @egchu1
Past Student Reviews:
“Great demos, patient and encouraging instructor.”
“Elaine is an excellent teacher. Her instructions are clear and easy to follow. Her demonstrations were wonderful. She is encouraging.”
“Elaine was a fantastic instructor. She communicated before the workshop via email and throughout the online class.”